Housing Benefit is a Government Scheme administered by Glasgow City Council that is available to help people meet the cost of rent.
The amount of housing benefit you receive depends on a number of factors such as your income, your rent, the number of people living in your home and their circumstances.
For advice and assistance with your Housing Benefit application, please contact our Welfare Rights Officer.
Key points about housing benefit;
- anyone can apply for Housing Benefit,
- you should make a claim as soon as you can as it is difficult to get a claim backdated,
- the amount of Housing Benefit you get will depend on the money coming into your house, your savings, and the number and ages of people in your house,
- you must notify the Housing Benefit Section of any change in household circumstances immediately,
- you must complete and return on time any Housing Benefit Forms sent to you by the Council,
- if you change address you must notify the Department of Works and Pensions (previously D.S.S.).