Homes can be very dangerous places. A large number of accidents happen in the home every year. Many of these could be avoided if people followed a few simple precautions such as;
- don’t leave electric cables or flexes trailing,
- never leave saucepan or pot handles sticking out over the edge of the cooker,
- always use steps if you are getting anything out of a high cupboard or doing a job like changing a light bulb. Do not stand on chairs, stools, etc,
- always keep medicines, solvents, or other hazardous substances out of the reach of children,
- take care when doing DIY and using tools- if you are using power tools always use a circuit breaker.